Saturday, July 9, 2011

Christmas in July Day 8- Cookies Round 2 Peanut Butter-Toffee Turtle Cookies

This batch of cookies is courtesy of my thoughtful friend Denise, who loaned me one of her cookbooks. Denise is a great cook so I was very excited to borrow this book. I loved the picture on the cover (see below.) One cookie on the cover in particular caught my attention and I knew I needed to "audition" the recipe for Christmas cookies. Besides borrowing cookbooks from friends I also get recipes on-line. I especially like the websites that have reviews. I like reviews because I know that people tried the recipe and often people will give recommendations on how to alter the recipe or things to watch out for that might not be spelled out implicitly in the instructions. Getting ideas on-line is a free way to try new things. I loved this recipe and cannot wait to make it at Christmas time!

*Just a note on the recipe before we launch into this awesome cookie. You will notice that the recipe calls for all-purpose baking mix. I did not know what that was so I looked it up on-line. Here is the recipe for 1 cup of all purpose baking mix:

1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt

Here are my cookies
The recipe (*see my note above)
The cook book

0 Comments: