Sunday, July 31, 2011

Christmas in July Day 22 The birth of Jesus Christ


Every year on Christmas Eve my family and I read the story of Jesus Christ's birth from the New Testament in the Bible. Luke Chapters 1 & 2. Before I had children of my own I did not truly understand the faith Mary would have to have had to be the mother of the Savior. And Joseph would have been an exceptional man to go against Jewish law and marry Mary while she was pregnant. They had trials to overcome, traveling to Bethlehem, and hiding from Herod in Egypt.


I know that I am grateful that the Savior was born, lived, taught the gospel, and died for me. At Christmas we celebrate Jesus Christ birth but we also practice what he preached: charity and love. 


I hope that although I have talked about many things during my Christmas in July celebration, that what I tried to share is that giving to and serving others is what Christmas is all about. I believe that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that through his sacrifice I can live with God again someday. I hope and pray that for the rest of this year that I and all that I share with will take the spirit of charity and put it into action. 


0 Comments: