Friday, July 8, 2011

Christmas in July Day 7- Using the skills you have to make gifts- Sewing

Now I know I already talked about using fabric to make gifts but that really was not the reason why I posted that in  Christmas in July Day 3. Today I am talking about using the skills that you have to make gifts for others. This is a long standing tradition my family, I encourage my daughters to make things for gifts as much as they can. The project I am going to show you today, is from my Fourth of July crafting I did but its the idea that matters. I made head bands for my daughters. I have posted a link to the pattern I used (with alterations of course.) Think about what skills you have: do you sew, crochet, scrapbook, do woodwork, or construction work (seriously who wouldn't want a new patio for Christmas.) Everyone has skills of some sort that can be a gift to another.



These are the headbands before I finished them with the elastic.





0 Comments: