Thursday, April 2, 2009

Firsts

I meant to post this yesterday on April 1st but hey with all that I have been going through lately I am just glad I had time to write this today. So I am sharing some firsts with all of you this month.

My first "first" is this picture of my first niece (she is the oldest grandchild on my husband's side of the family.) She just turned 15 years old this last weekend. Yep, she was born 3 months after I married her uncle my sweetie. I love being an Aunt! The other photo is of my girls and two of their cousins, my nieces from my husband's family.



My next "first" is something I have been promising photos of for awhile. My dear older sister, Holly, (who rocks by the way) sent me some very exciting yarn to make her some hats and scarves to keep her warm in the cold weather of Northern Idaho. So the first hat is what I call the Sherpa Hat, its the first hat I have crocheted that had ear flaps. The other photo I choose to put in because the yarn was kinda of funky.



The next "first" is really a two part first. The first part is that the wonderful squares of fabric you see laid out on my kitchen table is my first quilt. (The fabric is by Moda it's Basic Grey Sultry, ha ha ha who said I couldn't use my scrapbook taste in other crafting pursuits.) The quilt is for my sister-in-law who is having her first baby girl, she has three boys already so you all know I am thrilled out of my head that she will now have a daughter. When its all done I will take another photo.


My "first" new sewing machine, I just had to prove that I was actually using it:


My next "first" is my first knitting project, yes it's a scarf for my sister. Did I mention its really cold in Idaho where she lives?



And last, but not least,is this beautiful fabric I bought that I am hoping to turn into my "first" swing bag (it's like a purse.) I promise that once I get that done I will photograph the final product.


There will be more firsts in the up coming weeks so stay tuned.

5 Comments:

Kristina Werner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristina Werner said...

Oh. My. Word. Mandy, can I use that last photo of the fabric for my Color Inspiration Challenge this week? Let me know, girl! It's so cute I HAVE to have it!

Liz said...

Woweee... lots of new things your into.. I so wish I could crochet someday I will just not know i make everything well let's just say when it's done not the as straight as it should be... Nice sewing machine.. one day to I am gonna make a quilt.. who knows maybe when Amanda has children but she's not ready thank goodness for that...

Marisa said...

I love that fabric you picked out for your bag! Who's the designer? I have to find some of that stuff!

barb mann said...

Any of you gals that like to sew or just drool over fabric - Better check out my daughter's blog and shop fabricworm! So many designer fabrics!!! Her collections are amazing.
http://fabricworm.blogspot.com
http://fabricworm.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5973558