Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sweet Technology

We are celebrating a little ray of sunshine that came into our life recently in the form of David's bonus at work. We didn't think he would get a bonus so it was really nice. I have been trying to save us money on groceries and in other ways so it was nice to spend a little money on us for us change.
David got this: An iPod Touch Generation 2 16 GB its silver, very shiny!





Its totally awesome and I could blab about all the awesome things it does but I won't. Don't get me wrong I want one but then....

Hello Lover! Sweetness and Light! I love this camera!


(The picture of my new camera was taken by my old camera. My old camera was not happy so the photo is not that great. I promise to take better picture of my new camera with my new camera.=)


Yes, its true...I am now the proud owner of this amazing camera. A Canon EOS Rebel XS 1000d with a Zoom Super Wide Angle EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Autofocus lens. Don't ask me if its the 40d or whatever, blah, blah. blah, I don't know.... just let me enjoy this moment. {SIGH} I have been waiting a very long time for this camera, it is like a long lost friend to me. {I will stop hugging camera now, will not sleep with camera next to me in bed.} As part of the package I bought I also got a 2 GB High-speed SD Memory Card, SD Memory Card Reader, a tripod, a deluxe camera case, battery charger, LCD screen protectors, a lens care kit, and huge manual I need to read. I took a few pictures on the Automatic setting which I will do for awhile until I can get a handle on this baby and then I will take the plunge and go manual and see what I can do. I am also studying my Adobe Photoshop CS2 book like crazy so I can start making my photos look awesome with all the free action packs I have been downloading off cool Digital photography websites. Wish me luck because I will be dragging you all along with me in my journey.



Here is the first picture ever taken with my new camera. Yes, it all starts with a man somehow doesn't it?

Thanks Mr. Dave we love you!

3 Comments:

Kristina Werner said...

Oooo! I like both of your picks! :)

April Hall said...

What a nice surprise!!!!! Your camera is so pretty!

Scrapenabler said...

Great camera! I'm sure that you will LOVE it!