Saturday, July 30, 2011

Christmas in July Day 21 Salvation Army Angel Tree Program


As a family we started participating in the Salvation Army Angel Program when the girls were little because they were getting a nasty case of the "I wants." So each year the girls pick an angel off the tree and buy a present for a boy or girl who wouldn't otherwise have presents. This reminds my children that one of the most important lessons in life is that it is better to give to others than to worry about what you will receive in return. I know this has made an impression on my daughters because they remind me each year as soon as they see one of the Angel trees go up. Its the end of July but you can take your Christmas spirit out now and participate in a back to school drive to help less fortunate children get the school supplies they need.

0 Comments: